Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tillerykid View Post
    Hi Graham,
    I think, when you put forward an idea, and you are then told something in a reply, as Karen did back in December 2013. Its only courteous to reply when an update is asked for, I've asked twice now, once in January and the most recent the other day. Currently I feel as if I'm being ignored, its been quiet over the Winter months (Photographers Images), however, with Spring approaching its now a good time to introduce "Picture Of The Week". This will be my last post of this nature, as its worn me down, in future I'll just upload my images.
    All The Best
    Gary
    With all due respect, when told that it's something that will be looked at "at the start of the year", it's hardly sensible to ask for an update on the second of January. In fact I think it's actually pretty rude, and certainly totally pointless.

Rather than making surly and impatient posts, why not drop her a PM and ask nicely if she's had a chance to do anything yet? Do remember that even if she has raised it, change takes a long time in a big organisation, you will have to be patient.

Images

Keep the faith guys some things take a little longer than others to get done ..........after all Rome wasn't built in a day. I have every confidence that this will materialize. Perhaps some other members could put their voices to this and show the management team there is a good interest by members to have this idea pursued.

Images

Thanks for your posts.

Firstly I must apologise for my delay in replying. Unfortunately I don't always get chance to check all the boards so I hadn't yet seen this continued discussion in the lounge.

We're in the middle of a restructure of our teams at the moment, and until who does what has been agreed it's not easy to tell who might be able to take this on in the future.

In principle everyone thought this was a good idea, but until we know who here can take ownership of it at this end, it could lead to galleries not being closed/opened or judged in a timely fashion etc which wouldn't be very fair to those entering or waiting to enter the next round.

I'm hoping to have everything finalised soon, hopefully to perhaps kick off a photo of the month gallery for March.

Thanks

Karen
    Karen

Thank You Karen,
    Kind Regards
    Gary

Hi Karen, March is here so can we PLEASE start the Photo Of The Month. I've seen some great images on the site over the past few weeks so lets get it going.
    Kind Regards
    Gary

Images

Hi Karen
    I concur with Gary, the site definitely needs some revitalisng and a freindly competition would do just that, so what are we waiting for ?
    Best Regards

Alf

Images

I've created a gallery that you can add your photo of the month photos here: http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/gal...mages.php?c=62

We'll see what kind of response it gets, and hopefully if it proves popular I can run it as a regular thing. Please do add your photos, and at the end of the month I'll ask the Editor to choose his favourite to feature in the newsletter.

For the moment I haven't added a theme or anything, as it would be nice to see what kind of take up it gets without restricting entries. If it starts to receive lots of entries we could alway consider running monthly themes. What do you all think?

Though the onus of the competition is on fun, rather than a prize, I've have managed to find some spare 4GB memory cards (SHDH and Compact Flash) that I can give away so can offer one as a token prize to the winner.

Now get posting, and email me at ap_online@ipcmedia.com if you have problems adding your images.

Enjoy!
    Karen

Thanks Karen, I think its a good starting point and I'm sure it will succeed. You've got my support and I know Alf will support it as well, so for now THANK YOU VER MUCH I'm delighted.
    Kind Regards
    Gary

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tillerykid View Post
    Thanks Karen, I think its a good starting point and I'm sure it will succeed. You've got my support and I know Alf will support it as well, so for now THANK YOU VER MUCH I'm delighted.
    Kind Regards
    Gary
    No problem Gary.

I've posted it around our social media accounts, and will try to get it included on the newsletter for Thursday, so hopefully this might get some people interested.
    Karen

Well i hope they do, post your pics and win a Memory Card and have your pic named "Photo Of The Month" what could be easier. Once again Thank You Very Much.
    Come on everybody, please support it.
    All The Best
    Gary