Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Images

Default Picture Of The Day/Week/Month

On another site I visited, they have a "Picture Of The Day" could we have the same on here please. One of the sites administrators could choose the winner, if not I'm willing to start it. We could then alternate the judges weekly by using a rota, Me (TK), Alf, Mike (Hartley), Graham C, Wave and any other interested parties.
    It does not have to be daily it could be weekly, and the winner could come from any of our Galleries. What do you think.
    All The Best
    TK

Images

I think it's a great Idea, I'll second it!

Images

Thanks Alf, I thought it would add to the site.
    ATB
    TK

Images

Its a good idea Tk, but have we enough regular contributors to make it work, keeping the judging fair may be difficult, I watched a xmas competition on an other site and witnessed very unusual voting on some images, it has even happened on this site when contributors have voted for their own images many times. Some thing is causing people to join and not stay with the site has any one got ideas on this.....Mike.

Images

Thanks Mike, bit of a mixed bag of thoughts there, however, if its not tried how do we know if it will work or not. As far as contributors, I think there's more than enough ~ TK, Alf, Hartley, JTom, Zoritza, Fuzzypiggy, Aidys, Graham C, Brian Bull, Simon Bull, Solo1, Seagull, Kenwil, Mike Ankcorn and Wave. And that's just off the top of my head, hopefully one of the administrator's could set it up and judge, if not I'm up for it, and it looks if Alf's interested as well.
    ATB
    TK
    Last edited by Tillerykid; 02-12-13 at 10:03 AM.

Images

They had a similar thing here. Every month the WDC team put a photo from the site on their email, only reason I know this is one of mine was on it and Aidys told me about it.

I think it's a good idea but, only if a staff member or members selects the photo. Good luck ... Graham
    There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept.. Ansel Adams

Images

Some one was listening, Kenwil picture of the week for his lovely picture of Loch Leven.

Images

Well done Kenwil, however, where is it listed.
    ATB
    TK

Images

Have you not signed up for the news letter TK, the news came through to my email box, same as what Graham posted they used to do...Regards Mike.

Images

Yes done it the other day, however, i'm not happy they said it would be done properly on here, that's what I was campaigning for. All The Best TK

Thanks Karen, it should not be to difficult to set up, however, can it please be on here (Website) not on a newsletter as you mentioned.
    All The Best
    TK

Sure. I don't see any reason why it can't be on here, and we can then mention the winner in the newsletter, to encourage people to enter.
    Thanks!
    Karen
    Last edited by Tillerykid; 06-12-13 at 08:40 AM.