Thread: I'm new here...

Default I'm new here...

but I was wandering, as Christmas is coming up, I'm curious as to what camera you would be looking out for and why...

Also, what type of shots do you do at this time of year that you cannot do during any other time of year (for example, do you like taking photographs of xmas decorated houses, etc...)

I'm just curious as to what type of photos people take around Christmas time, compared to any other time of the year

Forgive me if this has been asked in another thread

Many thanks

Well it doesn't alter my thinking to much, however, I'll probably concentrate on waterfalls or seascapes as the current weather doesn't alter the appearance of these shots to much. And I love the snow that arrives around now, Xmas lights they are best on the tree.
    All The Best
    TK

Images

When the weather gets really bad I will be doing a spot of still life.....

Images

depends on the weather if its ok then i am out and about if not then its catch up time in the house

Images

Welcome to the forum. This is an interesting post,Christmas is the only time I take portraits, any other time I mainly shoot macro.As for a camera, I would jump ship for a Canon still keeping my Nikon's

Thankyou so much for your replies guys, really appreciate it;-)

Tillerykid- I understand what you mean, when it comes to the xmas lights on the tree, especially with the snow;-)

Thanks again guys:-)

Have a look in Digital Camera magazine there are articles on shooting Xmas Lights etc. I'm now interested in a new compact that's got a APSC sensor and can take images in a raw format. Actually I've just ordered the Ricoh GRD IV from Amazon because I could get it for 233 (warehouse deal) its normally 372. If I'm not happy with it I can send it back, that's the beauty of Amazon hassle free shopping.
    All The Best
    TK