Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is It Worth Upgrading To Photoshop CS5 From CS3

Hi
    I've tried upgrading to CS6 in recent months, and encountered all sorts of problems. Therefore, I'm now thinking of giving CS5 a try, however, I'm going to have to buy it off EBay, cost could be as high as 350 second hand. So is it worth upgrading from my CS3 to CS5 or am I better off sticking with what I've got. By the way my OS is Windows 8.
    All The Best
    TK

Images

being right honest here you may be better off with lightroom and elements. it depends what you actually use photoshop for. i use aperture 3 and elements to be honest 80% of the work i do is in aperture

Thanks Wave
    ATB
    TK

Hi, Decided to stick with my CS3.

Images

Can I ask whats going wrong with CS6

Quote Originally Posted by graham_c View Post
    Can I ask whats going wrong with CS6
    Hi Graham, The first problem was getting it to load, contacted Amazon and they explained that I had to request various codes to activate it. that done I started to explore the program. My first problem was a lot of flickering when making adjustments, the screen would take on a chequed look, my computer was also acting strangely. The next problem encountered was the inability for the program to save changes when using the HDR toning, I would make adjustments, however they would not save.
    I contacted Amazon to seek a replacement, however, none were available at that time so I had a full refund. I'm back to the rugby now we are winning 20~0, nice to see you back. By the way my OS is Windows 8.
    All The Best
    TK

Images

Sorry to hear about your CS6 problems, at least Amazon gave a a refund. I upgraded to CS5 from CS3 and found it a much better program. Don't know if you can still get it though... Graham

Hi Graham, you can get CS5 on EBay, a good one will cost about 350. I'm currently going through a 12hr tutorial on You Tube for CS5, and to date I've found that the interesting aspects on the tutorial are actually in CS3 when you know where to find them.
    ATB
    TK

Images

Hi
    The main advantages with CS5 are content aware the brushes, and it runs faster, don't know if it worth 350 though... Graham

Quote Originally Posted by graham_c View Post
    Hi
    The main advantages with CS5 are content aware the brushes, and it runs faster, don't know if it worth 350 though... Graham
    Yeah, and that's bidding for it on EBay, speed doesn't worry me. So its only content aware and brushes, CS3 got the content aware patch tool, and I find that useful. So that leaves brushes, and I don't think it worth upgrading just for that. I'm about 3hrs into that tutorial, and at present I'm happy to stick with CS3, thanks for your help.
    ATB
    TK