Hybrid View

Default Is It Worth Upgrading To Photoshop CS5 From CS3

Hi
    I've tried upgrading to CS6 in recent months, and encountered all sorts of problems. Therefore, I'm now thinking of giving CS5 a try, however, I'm going to have to buy it off EBay, cost could be as high as 350 second hand. So is it worth upgrading from my CS3 to CS5 or am I better off sticking with what I've got. By the way my OS is Windows 8.
    All The Best
    TK

Images

being right honest here you may be better off with lightroom and elements. it depends what you actually use photoshop for. i use aperture 3 and elements to be honest 80% of the work i do is in aperture

Thanks Wave
    ATB
    TK

Hi, Decided to stick with my CS3.

Images

Can I ask whats going wrong with CS6

Quote Originally Posted by graham_c View Post
    Can I ask whats going wrong with CS6
    Hi Graham, The first problem was getting it to load, contacted Amazon and they explained that I had to request various codes to activate it. that done I started to explore the program. My first problem was a lot of flickering when making adjustments, the screen would take on a chequed look, my computer was also acting strangely. The next problem encountered was the inability for the program to save changes when using the HDR toning, I would make adjustments, however they would not save.
    I contacted Amazon to seek a replacement, however, none were available at that time so I had a full refund. I'm back to the rugby now we are winning 20~0, nice to see you back. By the way my OS is Windows 8.
    All The Best
    TK

Quote Originally Posted by wave View Post
    being right honest here you may be better off with lightroom and elements. it depends what you actually use photoshop for. i use aperture 3 and elements to be honest 80% of the work i do is in aperture
    I agree, You can buy PS on it's own, personally I have CC but then I get it cheap because I'm a student If I weren't I would be looking at alternatives Adobe is just far too expensive unless you are a professional. The latest version can remove camera shake! That alone makes it stunning,, especially when a fried took his 1DS to film the northern lights,and as they were taken on-board ship with the vibration of the engines, not one picture was usable. Now had he had a Nikon D600 iso1600 and an f1.4 lens, he would have had a great picture, as it was his 6000 outfit and 1500 cruise proved a disappointment, but I saved the pictures with Photoshop CC, so is it worth it? Well the right tools pay their way!