Thread: Nikon D7100

Default Nikon D7100

Hi there, I am considering buying a Nikon D7100 but was wondering if anybody could recommend anything better/or similar. I will be mostly using this camera for sports photography but would also like it to take nice video for documentary filming.I have a budget of around 1500(probably included money for lenses in there to). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mark

Images

is this your first DSLR. if so then consider a canon 70d also go try them out see which suits you. if it feels right then thats a long way to being right, dont settle for i will get used to it.
    when you buy a DSLR you buy into a system so make sure that system fits your needs.
    Sports photography needs a good frame rate so check that out too depending on the sport you will need a long lens too

I agree. If you plan to shoot video the Canon EOS 70D would be a significantly better proposition thanks to its new hybrid sensor in which every photosite has a phase detection pixel. This enables the 70D to offer significantly faster focusing in LiveView and Video modes than you'd get from the Nikon.

Thanks guys will look into trying both of them out!