Thread: Camera shake

Default Camera shake

Hello I have been using SLR for years and have a Cannon 40D with a range of lenses. My problem is I now have a tremor and can only use the camera with a tripod. I need some advise on buying a camera that is designed to assist users with this problem. I am looking at a Bridging camera. Any help welcome
    Thanks

Images

hi and welcome sorry to hear about the tremor. can i ask what lenses and do they have image stabilisation. next things that might help as you have said is a tripod also a mono pod. changing cameras i dont think is the answer, unless the weight is a major problem

Images

Hi wlcome to the forum.

Can I ask how bad your hand tremor is and is it in both hands. Graham

I don't know what your budget is but it terms of the quality of the image stabilisation it's probably hard to beat the 5 axis stabilisation found in the Olympus OM-D E-M5 (and also some of the Olympus PEN cameras, but I'd defnitely recommend a camera with a viewfinder, as holding it to your eye aids stability). What sort of photography do you do, and do you need to use long telephoto lenses? if not I'd give the bridge cameras a miss. They're no better with regard to camera shake than DSLRs or CSCs, in fact they're probably worse because their sensors are much smaller so shake will be more pronounced.