Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Camera shake

  1. #1

    Default Camera shake

    Hello I have been using SLR for years and have a Cannon 40D with a range of lenses. My problem is I now have a tremor and can only use the camera with a tripod. I need some advise on buying a camera that is designed to assist users with this problem. I am looking at a Bridging camera. Any help welcome

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    NW England


    hi and welcome sorry to hear about the tremor. can i ask what lenses and do they have image stabilisation. next things that might help as you have said is a tripod also a mono pod. changing cameras i dont think is the answer, unless the weight is a major problem

  3. #3


    Hi wlcome to the forum.

    Can I ask how bad your hand tremor is and is it in both hands. Graham

  4. #4


    I don't know what your budget is but it terms of the quality of the image stabilisation it's probably hard to beat the 5 axis stabilisation found in the Olympus OM-D E-M5 (and also some of the Olympus PEN cameras, but I'd defnitely recommend a camera with a viewfinder, as holding it to your eye aids stability). What sort of photography do you do, and do you need to use long telephoto lenses? if not I'd give the bridge cameras a miss. They're no better with regard to camera shake than DSLRs or CSCs, in fact they're probably worse because their sensors are much smaller so shake will be more pronounced.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts