Hybrid View

Default Nikon D3200 vs Canon 600D/650D?

I have decided after inheriting a little bit of money to buy a DSLR. I have been doing photography as a hobby for a while - using my iPhone. I have no experience of DSLR's. Having read reviews I decided on the Nikon D3200 but have since been in 2 minds as almost everyone I speak to is shouting Canon.
    So my question is how should I choose between the Nikon D3200 and either the Canon 600D or 650D? I like to photograph nature, landscapes and buildings - so mostly outdoors. My budget is around 500.
    Thanks in advance! Gemma

Images

hi and welcome. any of theses cameras will serve you well but go try them out see how they feel. if feels right then you are long way to it being right, dont settle for i will get used to it.
    when you buy a DSLR you buy into a system so make sure that system suits your needs. good luck

Given your budget the Nikon D3200 is perfect and if you shop around you can buy and still have a healthy amount of change left for an affordable prime lens

The extra megapixels on the D3200 may come in handy if you decide to make large prints in the future and the D3200 is the most beginner friendly models on the market. The advantages of the Canon 600/650D I can think of mostly apply to other areas photography and the 650D will probably be more expensive than your budget. The 600D can now be found at amazing prices hence its within your budget .....