Images

Default Hyper Focal Distance Calculator

Hi,

Had a good chat with Alf about this, and I thought it might be a useful subject of discussion on the forum. What do you think?

All The Best
    TK

Images

Well, I gave it a go today, I copy a HFD chart of the internet and took a trip to my local pond. The first thing I notice was my lens only had a HF range of up to 1m in numbers so this put a limit on me straight away. I found the chart would allow me a setting of 0.85m on HF indicator if I use a 24mm focal distance and a f/22 aperture. This I did, however, I found that when I viewed the scene through the viewfinder it was all blurred, this put me off and reverted to the one third rule.
    On viewing at home the blurred photo in the viewfinder was actually ok, however I felt restricted by the process and uncomfortable with it.
    ATB
    TK

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tillerykid View Post
    Well, I gave it a go today, I copy a HFD chart of the internet and took a trip to my local pond. The first thing I notice was my lens only had a HF range of up to 1m in numbers so this put a limit on me straight away. I found the chart would allow me a setting of 0.85m on HF indicator if I use a 24mm focal distance and a f/22 aperture. This I did, however, I found that when I viewed the scene through the viewfinder it was all blurred, this put me off and reverted to the one third rule.
    On viewing at home the blurred photo in the viewfinder was actually ok, however I felt restricted by the process and uncomfortable with it.
    ATB
    TK
    Keep trying TK it will become second nature and your landscapes will be as near to perfect as any of us can get.

Images

Looks like no one uses Hyper Focal or your typing fingers must be sore.
    ATB
    TK