Hello all.

Yes another novice here on the subject of buying the right camera & lenses. I have always wanted to get into photography ever since leaving school. However, due to bringing up my family & buying houses & cars etc, I could not really afford the luxury of purchasing photographic equipment until now! As my family has flown the nest so to speak & one does not have the worry of a mortgage anymore & also the fact I have so much time on my hands as I am now retired & will put my heart & soul into the subject.

I have spent the last six months reading all about digital photography & equipment. All the websites & books I have viewed & read suggest I should start by purchasing an entry level DSLR camera & lenses. However, my point is that deep in my heart I just know I want a full frame camera with the more expensive lenses. Some people think I have trying to run without learning to walk first & Pathans I am!

If I purchased the entry level camera & lenses then in two or three years time I just know I would go out and purchase the semi-pro equipment anyway so my point is simply why not jump in with both feet at the start & in the long term save money!

Here is the main equipment I have on my mind to purchase, so would love to hear from anybody with their views simply because it would be nice to get other people's opinions!

Camera - Nikon D600

The following lenses:

Portrait - Nikkor AF-S 85mm f/1.8G

Landscapes - Nikkor AF-S VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED

Macro - Nikkor AF-S Micro 60mm f/2.8G ED

Wide-Angle - Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm f/4G ED