Hybrid View

Default B&W images, day and night, Leica D-Lux6 (same as Panasonic LX7)

http://dalethorn.com/Leica_Dlux6_Bw01.html

The above page on my website contains just 4 B&W images from the D-Lux6, which I'm told is the same as the LX7. It will be much easier to view the 4 images and read the statistics from the link than to post the separate images here.

Critiques are welcome, as these are the first B&W's I've taken since the beginning of consumer digital photography in the late 90's.

Hi Dale

Just had a look at your lovely photos and think they are really good., Only thing is your Ravenal bridge, in my opinion could use a wee bit more contrast, well done ... Graham

Quote Originally Posted by graham_c View Post
    Hi Dale. Just had a look at your lovely photos and think they are really good., Only thing is your Ravenal bridge, in my opinion could use a wee bit more contrast, well done ... Graham
    Thanks - I know what you mean. It was a real struggle knowing how to handle the shadows, since even with ISO 80 there was lots of noise. Other cameras did better and worse, but tightening this one up should be easy. Going the other way is where someone needs more skills and better software than I have.

Hi Sorry for late response to this. I use two B&W programs Topaz and perfect black and white from onOne, of the two onOne is way the better of the two and it's really easy to operate and there is plenty of on line tutorials. I use Topaz as a plugin for photoshop and perfect B&W as a stand alone program... Graham

Quote Originally Posted by graham_c View Post
    Hi Sorry for late response to this. I use two B&W programs Topaz and perfect black and white from onOne, of the two onOne is way the better of the two and it's really easy to operate and there is plenty of on line tutorials. I use Topaz as a plugin for photoshop and perfect B&W as a stand alone program... Graham
    Thanks for the response. I ordered the $29 OnOne version immediately, and now have a glitch in the download process. Hopefully they will straighten it out.

Hope your download problem is sorted, onOne B&W is the best black and white program on the market,streets ahead of Tapaz and Nikon , regards... Graham

Here's a couple more b&w's from the Leica Monochrom and Noctilux lens.

A common sight in South Carolina - it looks easy but requires many hours to complete an average basket, so $300 USD is typical for a ~12 inch wide item. f5.6, 1/2000, ISO 800.

http://dalethorn.com/Photos/Leica_Mo...Downtown08.jpg

This channel processes many container ships per day - some at the load point pictured, and some off to the left and right by 3/4 of a mile or so. f2.0, 1/25, ISO 800.

http://dalethorn.com/Photos/Leica_Mo...n_Harbor01.jpg

Great shots love the harbour shot. Regards... Graham