Hybrid View

Default new camera around 100 ish

hi there , I just dropped my old Panasonic zx1 and it didn't come out of It too well ....... so being the holidays I am need of a new camera quick ish (and being in Bristol and gromit hunting with kids) .so I was wondering if anyone could recommend the best camera for around 100 I am having a hard time navigating all the reviews out there (this site is quite hard to navigate to different price points and other sites completely contradict each other) .I want a rechargeable lith ion as batteries are a pain and after that the most important thing is pic quality ,don't care much about video or advanced settings (more of a auto settings person lol)
    any help will be grately appreciated
    cheers

Just pick one you fancy from Tesco or wherever. The market for these is pretty well dying, because phone cameras now do their job and are carried almost always by most people. You might want to look at tougher cameras like the Nikon S30 or Ricoh PX. Or a conventional Pentax LS465 with card and case for around the same price. All should be between 60 and 80 I think.
    For 100 you could find something with a bit more zoom perhaps. A 10x zoom 16 megapixel Panasonic SZ3 will be well within budget and bang up to date.

Hi, welcome to the forum

Don't know if this will help you but i just bought an Olympus SZ-14 from Tesco's for 115, it's a 14mp 24x zoom, with few manual settings, and has an incredible image stabilizer,it takes great photos in good light... Graham