Question Taking the plunge and buying a new camera

Hi all,
    I'm going to be spending a week travelling Italy at the end of the month, and considering all the beautiful sites that are there, i don't think my iPhone will do it any justice!
    Seeing other people's beautifully high quality photo's recently has made me take the plunge and buy a new camera, i just don't know where to start! I have looked at so many that I've just confused myself!
    I was looking at the bridge cameras as they are cheaper than the DSLR's, but i haven't the foggiest what the differences between them are!
    My budget is around 200 and a lithium battery is a must! It's not much of a problem if the battery doesn't come with it, as long as it's compatible, i can buy one! Some cool features would also be nice, but not essential.
    Other than that, i haven't a clue what to get! High quality would be an advantage, as well as a nice zoom, but would prefer quality over zoom if i have to choose!

Your advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Sarah

Images

hi and welcome first which iphone do you have as that maybe the best option for you. next does size matter as some of the cameras out there can be as large as a DSLR

Hi thanks for the reply.
    I have the 4s but the pictures come out grainy and low quality when you look at it full size on the computer!
    I don't think i'm too concerned with size, as long as it is easy to manage i'll be ok.

Images

one i would look at is canons sx40 slightly over budget but does tick all the boxes 229 from amazon but go and try it out forst see how it feels

Great, thanks. i'll check that out! And price should be ok, i have 200 worth of birthday money to spend so i can put some money in too!

What is the brand of your phone, have you ever consider a phone camera lens, three founctions of it,Fisheye Lens, Macro Lens, Wide-angle Lens.
    Or there are some videos in yutube, you can check whether it is the thing you want. more important, it is much cheaper than a camere