Default Sigma 90mm petal lens hood

Hi There

I recently purchased a Sigma 10 -20mm Wide angle lens, and decided I would like to buy a Sigma lens hood for it. I bought one on eBay which was advertised as Sigma 10 -20mm clip on petal lens but when I received it I realised it was too big (90mm diameter as opposed to my lens diameter of 77mm) The seller said that he didn't accept returns, so my question is, which Sigma lens would this 90mm hood fit?. I want to resell it on eBay and provide all the info. I have searched around with Google and can't find this info. I also cant seem ti find the right Sigma hood(77mm) for my 10 -20mm apart from a couple on eBay in America which are rather expensive (I'm in UK). Any help and advice on this would be appreciated.

thanks

Images

hi and welcome are you sure about the size of this hood

Quote Originally Posted by wave View Post
    hi and welcome are you sure about the size of this hood
    HI there
    Yes it's definitely 90mm diameter. I was wondering if I had a different 10 -20mm lens, maybe an earlier model

Images

there are 2 types of sigma 10-20 and they are 77 and 82

Yes oh well, so what is the 90mm for, do you know?

Images

sorry to say I have no idea it is not one the the common ones i am afraid. if you look at filter sizes i cannot get a hit

Images

Some astronomical telescopes have a 90mm object lens, if they don't sell them try making one, I so your post on the web and further down the page is a how to make a petal hood article...Rerards Mike.

I looked at the entire Sigma range and can't find any lens with a 90mm thread. I would contact ebay and tell them , the seller sold you something that's not fit for purpose and has miss informed you in his advert. Good luck ... Graham