Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Photoshop CS5 vs CS3

What benefits would I gain from upgrading from my current Photoshop CS3 to CS5.
    Kind Regards
    TK

Images

Hi TK.
    I upgraded from CS3 to CS5 for me the main things are content aware and better dodge and burn brush tools no need for new layes with overlay blend modes, it also runs faster. Photoshop CS6 has been out for a while now, I haven't got it but will be getting CS7 as soon as it's out... Graham

Default Cs7

Quote Originally Posted by graham_c View Post
    Hi TK.
    I upgraded from CS3 to CS5 for me the main things are content aware and better dodge and burn brush tools no need for new layes with overlay blend modes, it also runs faster. Photoshop CS6 has been out for a while now, I haven't got it but will be getting CS7 as soon as it's out... Graham
    remember there wont be any CS7 coming out , CS6 was the last and the only avenue ahead is Creative Cloud

Images

Thanks for that Dan

Images

yes the next release will be by subscription so get cs6 while you can

Quote Originally Posted by Tillerykid View Post
    What benefits would I gain from upgrading from my current Photoshop CS3 to CS5.
    Kind Regards
    TK
    Thanks Graham, what do you mean by content aware and overlay blend modes please? I can get a CS5 upgrade on EBay for 225 is that a good price?
    ATB
    TK
    Last edited by Tillerykid; 15-07-13 at 04:27 PM.

Images

Hi TK

Because the dodge burn tools on CS3 are not very good, when I used them I would make a new layer go layer new layer, then click on the mode drop down list and select overlay then tick the fill with 50% grey, a grey coloured layer will appear, this is the layer you will be working on with your dodge and burn tools. I found I used this all the time when I had CS3. The content aware tool is mainly for taking unwanted things out of your photos. It does do other thing though, 220 for a CS5 seems reasonable, why not get CS6 though. Regards ... Graham

It costs 600 at least, so to expensive.
    ATB
    TK

Images

Couldn't you get in as an upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by graham_c View Post
    Couldn't you get in as an upgrade?
    As far as I know you can't upgrade from CS3 to CS6, the stepping stone is to upgrade to CS5 first.
    ATB
    TK