Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Macro problems.

Images

There is a picture posted, showing the progress using the tips from all who helped. Thank you...Mike

Images

thats looking good

Quote Originally Posted by wave View Post
    hi can i make a quick suggestion as i think that the sigma is a good lens. I am sure nikon has the same feature as canon i would use live view mirror is locked up cable release and then put put the camera in continuous mode to shoot. try using the focus system in servo mode too or combinations of the my suggestions. if you already do these the sorry that i have suggested them.

as for editing you could always load the gimp it is free and very powerful
    Hi Wave, I keep a tutorial folder. so could you please explain the above in more detail (no quite sure what you mean) I'd then cut and paste it into the folder for future reference. Started doing the folder when Graham started to help me and its proved worthwhile.
    Many Thanks
    TK

Images

hi tk i will try and expand but i am a canon shooter so you may have to lookup what the nikon equivalent is.

first if you are trying to eliminate camera shake then use a tripod and cable release.
    using live view does lock the mirror up so there is no vibration when taking the shot. i have a function that also locks the mirror up. i also have a 2nd delay i can use too if no cable release.
    continuous shooting nikon will have this feature it just keeps taking shoots while you hold the shutter or until the buffer is full.
    focusing system i have can do one shot speaks for its self. a1 focus never really use it it for a subject they may move. and then i have a1 servo which is for moving subjects. nikon has the same just need to look at the manual for how to set it up.
    i tend to use a1 servo and continuous shooting for wild life hand held i also use a function af-on and use that to focus from the rear of the camera.

last thing was the gimp free and powerful editing program

Thanks Wave,
    ATB
    TK

Images

no problem