Default Sony RX100 II - worth the cash?

Hello,

I have had my eye on the RX100 but now there's the RX100 II to consider too.

The hands-on previews look promising and the full review and sample shots posted on Digital Versus today show that picture quality has improved (albeit slightly).
    Still, I'm not sure that's worth an extra 150

Thoughts?

Yeah its worth the extra ca$h ! You will use the camera for years to come and one day you will take some shots that will make you think "Im glad I got this version" , Ive been down such a route before, that little extra you will spend will be well worth it in the long run .........

Images

WDC Reviewed this camera in August issue, It is miles ahead of the RX100 which will be out of production very soon. Feel confident to spend the extra and know you have a very competent camera...Mike

Very sad Sony didn't include an EVF in the camera.
    The electronic viewfinder it doesn't come cheap, however, with the optional FDA-EV1MK adding on a sizeable 379. (Almost the price of a good lens for DSLR.)

It is a very big negative point for that Sony. I coudn't go without it. Panasonic Lumix DMC LF1 is in the camera, it is not the best quality, but perfect to see the composition in full sun. I prefer to check and see the quality on my computer and to make correction in my computers if necessary.

its hard to say and erveryone thinks different but i think its not worthy!

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit30 View Post
    Hello,

I have had my eye on the RX100 but now there's the RX100 II to consider too.

The hands-on previews look promising and the full review and sample shots posted on Digital Versus today show that picture quality has improved (albeit slightly).
    Still, I'm not sure that's worth an extra 150

Thoughts?
    It depends entirely on your available disposable income and how long your arms are relative to pocket depth. Every one of us has our own priorities.