Default Problem transferring photos (SX50)

Hi
    Don't know if anyone has a magic answer to this one ...........................
    I have a 32GB SDHC card with nearly 4000 images on it (is this too many?) most already on my laptop.
    I am unable to transfer the 20-30 most recently taken via the cable from camera to laptop, the way I have before, for some reason.
    When I connect the light flashes (as if trying) but the connection is not made.
    I have tested the card -I could transfer ALL the photos via the slot in laptop (but I have most of them already), the cable - the same thing happens with another cable, and the computer - the same thing happens on another computer.
    Any ideas before I contact Canon?
    Thanks

Images

if its only 20- 30 then connect via a card reader and transfer them and the reformat the card. do you use canons dpp

Quote Originally Posted by wave View Post
    if its only 20- 30 then connect via a card reader and transfer them and the reformat the card. do you use canons dpp
    Is there a way of only transferring the 20 - 30, and not the whole lot?

No, what is it?

Do you think it is the card and not the camera? I am able to get them through the reader slot, and another card I put into the camera gave the message "no images" even though I later transferred 400+ photos through the reader.

..not certain if i understand all of the issues here but the camera will create hidden files on the card when first taking the series of images. When images are transferred off of the card to a PC and then some are replaced onto the card via a reader the camera may be missing these vital files and hence will not see the images even though your computer might. Storage cards and card readers are for transport images from camera to a PC and not necessarily the other way around. Regards Paul

Images

If you use a reader you can drag and drop the images you want. I would also try another usb port

Thanks Guys.
    Problem sorted - between your thoughts, my own checks to eliminate everything bar camera and Canon helpdesk's confirmation of this, I identified that for whatever reason, I just had too much on the memory card for the camera to cope with. So ...................... I now have everything on the computer, have reformatted the disc/card and checked it and it now downloads again through the cable. Canon, BTW, would have had me return the camera to a service point (nearest one 200 miles away) for checks.