Default Canon 100D vs NEX 6

I like these cameras because of the size and on paper the Sony has a clearly better sensor.

Canon (650D) Vs Sony
    Color depth
    21.7 bits 23.7 bits
    Dynamic range
    11.2 EV 13.1 EV
    Low light performance
    722 ISO 1,018 ISO

However the canon has better lenses available in the long run.
    this technical differences look quite large particularly the dynamic range.

I've not read great things about the NEX 6 kit lens where as the 100D does okay.
    The 100D also has a few other nice features that I may or may not use.

I've also toyed with the idea of a Nikon D5200 or D7000 as they give the quality of the Sony and the features of the Canon but in a bigger package. This goes against why I liked the NEX for its size. I'm also wondering if the Canon 100D size benefits are lost anyway as they dont have a small form factor zoom lens.

I generally like scenery, landscapes and maybe a bit of closer up with nice bokeh. I've also used HDR and like it, but maybe with a wider dynamic range and polarizing filter I wont need to as much. On that point would the NEX 6 power zoom take a filter?

Would a 100D with a couple of primes suit me? Or could I get the NEX with a non power zoom lens for the same price? NEX6 is already top end of my budget.

Any thoughts, suggestions, questions?

Thanks.

Images

hi any of these cameras will do what you want. i would go and try them see how they feel are buttons right for you are the menus good how well does it focus. if it feels right that goes a long to being right. remember when you buy a DSLR you buy into a system so make sure that system suits your needs

These are very different cameras so it seems an odd shortlist. The first thing I'd decide for sure was whether to go for a DSLR and optical viewfinder or CSC with an EVF. HAve you used an EVF, and if so how did you get on with it? There's a huge lens range available for the Canon, new and used, much less so for the Sony. What lenses are you likley to want in future? What sort of photography do you do? This will detemine whether you'll need long lenses, fast lenses, high busrt rates, fast phase detect AF... Image quality wise what's more important, high resolution or low noise at high ISOs?
    Bear in mind that Nikon uses Sony sensors too, so the D5100, which also uses the 16MP sony chip, may offer what you want at a lower price, leaving you more to spend on lenses. I don't know if it's of interest but we're testing the Canon EOS 100D against the Nikon D5200 in the next issue.