Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Graham, I ordered the Nikon 105mm Micro Lens last night, from Amazon warehouse deals for 591. Not taking any photos at the moment as I'm very sore from my fall, hopefully I will be out next week trying out the D600 and 105mm micro.

Images

Hi Tillerykid, I have the right equipment, and I have read the books, but still can't match Graham. He has a lot of talent and perseverence ,this comes out in his Images, Ypu have chosen the right mentor....Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by hartley353 View Post
    Hi Tillerykid, I have the right equipment, and I have read the books, but still can't match Graham. He has a lot of talent and perseverence ,this comes out in his Images, Ypu have chosen the right mentor....Mike.
    Hi Mike, you are spot on there, I've learned a lot since getting advice from Graham and others on this site. And I've got loads more questions to ask.

Forgot to mention that I'm extremely grateful for their help.

Thanks fot your kind word Mike and Tillerkd. Welcome to the spectacular world of macro, your camera and lens are perfect for macro shooting. Regards... Graham

Hi Graham, the 105mm VR micro lens from Amazon was returned because of damage to the packaging. I've just seen the older D series version for sale do you know anything about these. Its still a 105mm, no VR and aperture settings on the barrel.

Images

Hi Tillerykid, I use the earlier sigma 105mm f2.8 lens, as far as I have found it is a superb lens, for most of my macro shots I will use it Tripod mounted with a remote release, this means the vr is redundant. As Graham says you are better manual focusing, and setting the camera in manual, this way you have full control and no shake, if that is possible....Mike

Thanks Mike

Hi Tillerkid
    An AF D lens will auto focus on your new camera as long as it has a built in motor (I'm sure it will), I do think though your better to manual focusing on macro rather that auto

This is a personal view but I don't think VR is as important on a true macro as on any other lens, that said I would rather have VR and not need it as need it and not have it , My Sigma 105 doesn't have VR and to be honest I'm really pleased with it. Regards ... Graham

Thanks Graham.