Hybrid View

Images

Default Lumix LZ20 - Mic so quiet!

Hello everyone!

I just bought a Lumix LZ20 which arrived today, and I've been playing around.

I bought the camera mainly to film my Youtube tutorials and beauty reviews. However, doing the tests, the mic is so quiet. Is there a way to increase the camera's microphone sensitivity? It's quieter than my mobile phone's video camera, and this is when holding it near my face!

I can't find any way of adjusting the mic on my Panny TZ40. I'm surprised the mic is so low. They usually pick up more sound than you want lol. I assume you know it's low when you come to edit the video? If you're playing it back on the camera, then of course there is the 'speaker volume' you can adjust. Just some simple thoughts. Make sure the editing program you are using has the volume turned up. Make sure computer speakers are turned up. Try turning off 'wind cut'...

Last resort. Put a 3 sided shield round the mics (thin card 1/2" high with some sticky tape) with the side open towards you so your voice is funnelled into the stereo mics...

Can't think of anything else...

Images

Ayup, ensured the speakers were up, and the volume was max in the audio software.

Keep trying but no luck. It does however pick up some kind of faint hissing sound! This is all so odd, as my flat is dead silent. How do I find the wind cut option? (Scoured through the menu)

Look under 'motion picture' menu for 'wind cut' and turn it Off.