Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Default Cleaning Hoya Filters

Hi,
    I'm finding my Hoya Pro 1 Protection Filter smears a lot when I clean it. Can anyone PLEASE give me a good solution.

Images

all i ever use is a dry micro fibre cloth

Images

Hi Wave, I've tried a micro clothe, however where I've smeared the filter by breathing on it, the cloth is not doing anything. Just been on the Tokina/Hoya website and they recommend Eclipse Cleaner from Photo Solutions So I've ordered that along with some Pec Pads from Amazon for 21. Thanks for replying once again.
    Last edited by Tillerykid; 28-04-13 at 05:29 PM.

Images

Hi I have this problem a lot , what I use is an alcohol free liquid you get from an opticians for cleaning glasses. I spray it on and wipe it free with a camera cloth... Graham
    There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept.. Ansel Adams

Images

good call Graham i should have thought of that as i use glasses lol

Images

Thanks Graham,

Images

Tips & Techniques

How to Clean HOYA and Kenko Filters

To maintain the best optical performance of your filters, here is how we recommend cleaning HOYA and Kenko filters as well as all multi-coated optics.
    1.Use high-quality disposable lens tissues and a liquid lens cleaner like Eclipse from Photographic Solutions or Formula MC. ROAR makes one as well.
    2.Make sure the glass surface has no dust or grit on it.
    3.Take a lens tissue, fold it once or twice (depending on size), and place a couple drops of liquid lens cleaner on the tissue and wipe with the tissue in a circular pattern starting from the center and moving out to the edge.
    4.Immediately follow the first tissue with a new dry tissue using the same pattern.

Warning: HOYA and Kenko do not recommend using the standard fabric "lens cleaning cloths" with any liquid because dust and grid can become trapped in the fibers and damage the lens or filter on subsequent uses.

Hoya and Kenko filters are "hard-coated", meaning the metals and chemicals that make up the coating are applied in a furnace to bond them to the surface of the glass.

There have been some new optical cleaning products that have been introduced recently such as Lens Cleanse from Hoodman that work well and will not damage the coatings.

Kenko Tokina USA, Inc. has the most extensive experience with Eclipse by Photographic Solutions. Eclipse comes in a 2 oz. bottle or as individually packaged pre-moistened lens cleaning tissues in foil packs that are easy to carry in a camera bag. Lens Cleanse comes in two-section pack with a pre-moistened disposable tissue on one side and a dry tissue on the other.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tillerykid View Post
    Tips & Techniques

How to Clean HOYA and Kenko Filters

To maintain the best optical performance of your filters, here is how we recommend cleaning HOYA and Kenko filters as well as all multi-coated optics.
    1.Use high-quality disposable lens tissues and a liquid lens cleaner like Eclipse from Photographic Solutions or Formula MC. ROAR makes one as well.
    2.Make sure the glass surface has no dust or grit on it.
    3.Take a lens tissue, fold it once or twice (depending on size), and place a couple drops of liquid lens cleaner on the tissue and wipe with the tissue in a circular pattern starting from the center and moving out to the edge.
    4.Immediately follow the first tissue with a new dry tissue using the same pattern.

Warning: HOYA and Kenko do not recommend using the standard fabric "lens cleaning cloths" with any liquid because dust and grid can become trapped in the fibers and damage the lens or filter on subsequent uses.

Hoya and Kenko filters are "hard-coated", meaning the metals and chemicals that make up the coating are applied in a furnace to bond them to the surface of the glass.

There have been some new optical cleaning products that have been introduced recently such as Lens Cleanse from Hoodman that work well and will not damage the coatings.

Kenko Tokina USA, Inc. has the most extensive experience with Eclipse by Photographic Solutions. Eclipse comes in a 2 oz. bottle or as individually packaged pre-moistened lens cleaning tissues in foil packs that are easy to carry in a camera bag. Lens Cleanse comes in two-section pack with a pre-moistened disposable tissue on one side and a dry tissue on the other.
    Well, it did not do a good job on my Hoya Filters (smeared), only gave it a 1star review on Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by Tillerykid View Post
    Hi,
    I'm finding my Hoya Pro 1 Protection Filter smears a lot when I clean it. Can anyone PLEASE give me a good solution.
    Well there's many methods cleaning the filter, a simple cloth, wet cleaning wipes, read more on this site:

http://www.topmegapixel.net/how-shou...era-dslr-lens/

Hope this helps.

Images

Thank You