Okay - I'm a keen (Amateur) DSLR Canon 450D photographer with a couple of decent lenses to boot.
I'm heading to Malaysia and Thailand with the family (including 2 kids - 6yrs and 4yrs) to do a bit of backpacking, mainly overland. I would LOVE to take all my DSLR kit but I'm thinking it's not going to be practical with rucksack (including much of the kids stuff) in tow.
So, what smaller setup would you recommend? I am willing to spend some cash (once in a lifetime trip and all that..)
Here's my wish-list, I realise I'm not going to get all of these and I am willing to compromise.
- Must shoot Raw + JPG (Ideally at the same time)
- Support SD Cards
- Waterproof, or an available waterproof housing (10m minimum, 30m ideal)
- Fast lens (2.8 minimum)
- Decent Zoom range (18-150 minimum)
- Interchangeable lenses (not a show stopper)
- Smaller than a DSLR / multi-lens setup
Ideas / advice most welcome.