Thread: Bridge Camera

Default Bridge Camera

Hello all,

I know you get this question popping up on here reasonably often but I am looking for a Bridge Camera that will do the job on a big busy city holiday. So I want something that will take good photos of the scenery around me, the city, sky scrapers etc but that will also do a good job with the hustle and bustle and faster moving images. It will also be used at night quite a bit too etc and inside. I guess basically I need a good all rounder but I know next to nothing about cameras!

In terms of budget I have about 250 and I do like the look of the Nikon p510 although I am wondering, as I may only use the camera like twice a year if it is worth spending that much.....

Can anyone recommend a good bridge camera within my budget that might suit my needs?

Any advice really will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samwelltarley View Post
    Hello all,

I know you get this question popping up on here reasonably often but I am looking for a Bridge Camera that will do the job on a big busy city holiday. So I want something that will take good photos of the scenery around me, the city, sky scrapers etc but that will also do a good job with the hustle and bustle and faster moving images. It will also be used at night quite a bit too etc and inside. I guess basically I need a good all rounder but I know next to nothing about cameras!

In terms of budget I have about 250 and I do like the look of the Nikon p510 although I am wondering, as I may only use the camera like twice a year if it is worth spending that much.....

Can anyone recommend a good bridge camera within my budget that might suit my needs?

Any advice really will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Anyone?

Images

hi sorry missed this one i would look at a canon sx40hs i think it would tick most of the boxes

Hi Wave,

Many thanks for your reply. Why do you recommend the canon sx40hs? See to my unknowing eye when I compare this to the nikon p510 it has less mega pixels, less lens range etc so me not knowing what I am on about is thinking well the nikon is better?

Could you explain why you recommend the canon so I can fully understand? Also are there any others you think might suit so I can compare?

Cheers

Images

I am canon shooter so lean that way i like the way they do things but my final advice to people is get a short list and go and try them. see how they feel are the buttons in the right place do the menus suit you. mega pixels are not everything. hope this helps