Images

Default I Need a Tablet Able to Connect to Various Cameras, USB? SD? CompactFlash ?

I take people on 'photowalks' and need a tablet that will be able to connect to various different cameras for reviewing of the images in order to discuss them.
    I need to be able to connect to SD and Compact Flash and ideally standard USB 2.
    Are there products that enable me to connect and see the images from cameras? Do I need a tablet that has USB 2 for example? Or are there adaptors to fit
    the commonly used MicroSD?
    Many thanks, Jon

Hi. This is a minefield if you want to be able to use standard memory cards from most cameras. Be OK when they are all WiFi (I hope). The best bet is to get a USB card reader (That can read all size cards - plus adapter for various size USB ports) and take that plus an SDHC card with images on to Currys or PC World (or buy the whole setup from them), then try it on a PC Windows 8 tablet. Whatever works. Buy it!

Cheers!

Images

Chris, Thank you so much for your speedy reply and great info, all the best, Jon

As an iPad user I can tell you that this would not be a good choice for your needs, but there are better alternatives with USB slots. I can recommend the Microsoft Surface as being the most laptop-like of tablets. The tile-based Windows 8 touchscreen interface is great but you can also set it up like a more traditional windows desktop if you like, and use the folder and file navigation that you may be more familiar with. It also comes with a natty touch keyboard that doubles as the cover and is only about 2mms thick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Atherton View Post
    As an iPad user I can tell you that this would not be a good choice for your needs
    That's why I suggested a Windows 8 tablet

Images

Nigel, thank you for such a good clear explanation. With your and Chris's advice I shall head off to the shops.