Default Any opinios on the quality of the wdc d7100 review?

Having come from dpreview's D7000 forum I can say my reporting of the D7100 review here didn't go over well. At issue seems to be WDC's contention that the D7100 starts to exhibit noise sooner than other cameras. I have noticed on examples I've seen, an improvement in visible noise over the D7000, at least at higher isos. Even at 400 iso the difference between the two while very slight might be in favor of the 7100. In any event some of the more technical forum members pronounced the WDC reviewer incompetent. I'd be interested in some opinions here on the validity, and methodology of the WDC tests. Thanks, fotoswami

Quote Originally Posted by fotoswami View Post
    Having come from dpreview's D7000 forum I can say my reporting of the D7100 review here didn't go over well. At issue seems to be WDC's contention that the D7100 starts to exhibit noise sooner than other cameras. I have noticed on examples I've seen, an improvement in visible noise over the D7000, at least at higher isos. Even at 400 iso the difference between the two while very slight might be in favor of the 7100. In any event some of the more technical forum members pronounced the WDC reviewer incompetent. I'd be interested in some opinions here on the validity, and methodology of the WDC tests. Thanks, fotoswami
    Ah, a ghost town, now that I see some of the dates on postings around here.