Smile Need advice on which cameras are best for filming...

Hey, recently me and a few of my friends are getting into making YouTube videos, though our friend that was recording for us, sadly past away. He used the Canon EOS 550D Digital SLR Camera.
    Now without him we need to buy ourselves a decent, durable camera in the lines of about 300-350 maybe even 400 at a push!
    So I have been looking into Digital SLR cameras and was thinking about buying the Canon EOS 1100D Digital SLR Camera, though if i bought it, I would not be able to use it before hand, so i'd like to get other opinions before I go ahead and invest in it.

I have also been looking into a few other camera, here is a list of a few...
    -Nikon D3100 Digital SLR Camera
    -Canon EOS Rebel T2i
    -Nikon D3200 Digital SLR Camera Body Only

Though obviously the problem about wanting the Canon EOS Rebel T2i is the pricing is out of our range and would take a while to get the money.

So if anybody knows of any camera, preferably DSLR, that have too recording and sound quality, and hopefully within our price range, then please do tell me. Also if you guys have any advice on what I am speaking about then please that would be nice also.
    p.s. The audio quality does not have to be that great if the camera has an audio input port, as I would eventually like to invest in an external "boom" mic, I think they are called, Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

-Thanks before hand, I'll be checking replies over the course of this month, and would hopefully like to make the decision by the end of the month, ready to record again next month.

Again, thank you for reading, and please, any help would be appreciated, without our "tech guy" that role has been placed on me, and your help is greatly needed. :P

Images

Hi jsfowler
    Welcome to the forum. The Nikon D3100 although a great camera hasn't got an external mic socket on it, and I suspect the internal mic is as woeful as the D90's.
    The D3200 on the other hand has an external mic socket and would be the better one of the two, to look at. I'm not to sure about the canon's but a forum member will point you in the right direction on them... Graham
    Last edited by graham_c; 05-04-13 at 08:31 PM.

I too have no experience with the Canon. But as graham_c said the D3200 should work good for movies, friend of mine uses the Nikon D3200 and used it for filming once.

Thanks for the current replies, i was wondering say i bought the Nikon D3200, is there any specific lens or mics that could make filming seem more professional? I just want to make the videos worth watching, and audio to be clear etc... you get what I mean, but if anybody does know of any better cameras than what i have specified for filming, in the price range of 300-400 then please do tell me and maybe include a link? thanks.