Thread: Flashgun Help!

Hybrid View

Default Flashgun Help!

From an absolute beginner...

I have had a Jessops 360AFD flashgun for a while and never got around to using it...Recently purchased a Canon 1100d and want to use the two together. Having no luck so far...could anyone give me instructions as to how to use the two together in very simple English (!) as really struggling and want to use it in two weeks time at a wedding!

Thanks in advance!

Images

hi and welcome could you give some details to what is wrong

Hi there...I'm not sure if there is actually something wrong with it or if I'm just not doing it right!

I've attached the flashgun to the camera and followed the instructions. The flashgun seems to be working in itself - all the information comes up on the LCD screen and the flash fires when I press the test button. However, it doesn't flash when I take a photograph. Is there anything I need to do on the camera to get it to sync with the flashgun or should it just do it automatically?

Thanks! Zara

Images

hi it should just work make sure it is in ettl mode check that it is not set for slave mode. the most basic question is have you got one thats a canon fit

Images

It sounds like your flash is not for a Canon

..now that there are a few Jessops stores re-opening...it might be worthwhile trying to return it for exchange...