Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Unhappy Nikon D70 screen problems.

Hi to you all. I have a Nikon D70 and have noticed that when reviewing shots taken there seems to be a blueish tinge to the photos. I seem to have read somewhere that Nikon had a issue with the screen on the d70. Has anybody had the same problems or have any idea what the problem is. Can it be fixed. Is it worth having repaired.
    Hope someone can help.
    Bobby.

Images

Hi
    Is the blue tint just on the camera or is it on the photos when downloaded

Images

Hi graham. Thanks for the reply. It's on the screen. When looking at the results the photo has a blue appearance. I've not had chance to review photos on computer yet been busy at work. Hopefully tomorrow.
    Thanks bobby.

Images

Once you download some photos let us know your results... Graham

Images

Hi Bobby
    I was looking at firmware updates for my d7000, and noticed one for the d70 it's 2.0 if you have an older version on your camera it might fix your blue tint problem.Regards... Graham

Images

Hi graham. D70 firmware has been updated. I now know that it is a screen problem. When looking at all images taken the text at the bottom right hand side where it says Nikon its blue and left side there is two blue bands from top to the bottom. Waiting for Nikon to get back to me.
    Take care. Bobby.

Images

Hi graham. Just to let you know. Heard from Nikon and D70 is going in for repair. Nikon have been great getting to the bottom of my problem. I can't fault them. 5***** service. Will post to let you know when sorted.
    Bobby.

Images

Hi Graham. Hope you are well will keep you posted re D70. I have a question for you. Tried to add you to my friends list but It will not add you as a friend. Very busy at work at moment can't wait to get out with my gear also hoping to visit your wonderful area in summer so will ask for some pointers and places.
    Bobby.

Images

Hi to all members. Re the above issue. Had email from Nikon today with cost of repair. They it will cost around 200 to put right. Is it worth spending this amoun on a D70. Look forward to some of your comments.
    Bobby.

Images

Hi Bob. Considering the age of the camera I thiink I would be looking at an upgrade.I just done a quick web search on nikon cameras, ( body only), you can get a d90 for around 420, a d5100 for 309 with 40 cash back and a d7000 for 540 with cash back. Hope this helps... Graham