Hybrid View

Images

Default Fall and Rise of Jessops

News today says shops with Jessops name are to reopen, very few to start.

I saw this on the news this morning. Hope they open one in Glasgow sooner rather than later. I'm thinking on a new speedlight for my macro photos ( not too keen on ring flashes), would like to go and see some first though... Graham

Images

Yes graham, I bought the sigma EM-140 DG for Macro work I found myself using it with additional lighting, but for portait work it is very good. Maybe they will open up a web site for Jessops,and we can show them where the demand for there prescence is. Recently I joined one for HMV it keeps me posted on whats happening, I realy miss them like losing a friend, the internet can;t replace them,recent purchases of DVD's for daughter made me feel like I was cheating.

..one store reopened in London..chatting to the guy there he said that Peter Jones of the Dragons Den has put his own money in and bought up 30 stores along wih naming rights and closed 300. All oroginal stock went back to suppliers Canon etc and so all new stock purchased from scratch. HMV to follow suit. Regards

Images

Both stores reopening are very good news, they were No1 and No2 on my list of favourite shops,makes me a happy bunny, only downside my bank account will now reverse its upward trend.

Here's hoping they re-open Eastbourne (east sussex)........I'm saving hard for the forthcoming 50-200 fuji lense.