Hybrid View

Default My camera does not seem to work properly

Hello, sorry in advance if I posted this thread in the wrong section I'm new to this site. Anyways I have a panasonic lumix dmc-fz47. I got it in early fall 2012. When I first got the camera it took great photos, all in auto. The exposures were fine and the images were quite sharp and crisp. I wanted to get a little more control over the camera so I started learning the different settings of my camera. As I started learning about how to set my exposure triangle, my images started losing their sharpness, especially if I am not shooting in a setup area. (Setting up lamps and backgrounds, almost like a homemade studio.). The real problem is when I start taking pictures on the go in places where there are no studio like conditions. I have to use ridiculous setting combinations to get a half decent exposure. The images are not completely out of focus but small details are not sharp even when I shoot in the highest number aperture, to ensure everything is in focus. Many of the images even on a bright winter day are comparable to my phone's camera. Could it be the camera? It does not seem to make any sense that as I progress as a photographer my camera gets worse. It also has trouble focusing when zooming in on a subject making the 24 zoom capabilities almost useless. Maybe I am just expecting too much out of this cheap camera. Also the video quality is horrible. It is advertised as 1080p/30 frames per second but once the .mp4 files are transferred to my mac the quality is comparable to that of a small point and shoot. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Images

Hi Welcome to the forum. It would help us is you could post some shots on the forum then we could read the exif data... Graham

Images

You don't say if the camera is still ok in auto or scene modes, I have an earlier version and found similar problems if I tried to do any thing out of the ordinary. Panasonic cameras are very capable but were not intended to be dslr's. Mines 9 years old now but still takes good images if you keep it simple.

Hello hartley353 !
    Thanks to spared information about cameras i also give some information about this !!I have recently downloaded moreover installed Snapchat for my Dare XT. The app was employed pretty until I noticed something vicious among the camera. Absent of the low I got a hitch; stretch switching among cameras the camera facing me would congeal thereupon arise to parade the cap fragment of the vignette at the backside of the filter moreover the derriere quota of the panorama would be on the lid some of the censor also would numb. To get more detail please visit : http://www.bestunderwatercamera.me/ .

Quote Originally Posted by albertoderio56 View Post
    Hello hartley353 !
    Thanks to spared information about cameras i also give some information about this !!I have recently downloaded moreover installed Snapchat for my Dare XT. The app was employed pretty until I noticed something vicious among the camera. Absent of the low I got a hitch; stretch switching among cameras the camera facing me would congeal thereupon arise to parade the cap fragment of the vignette at the backside of the filter moreover the derriere quota of the panorama would be on the lid some of the censor also would numb. To get more detail please visit : http://www.bestunderwatercamera.me/ .
    why not reset to the factory settings?