Thread: Buying A DSLR

Default Buying A DSLR

I am new to the world of slr photography and need some help and advice on which DLSR to buy. I have 5 of my Dad's tamron lenses with Olympus OM mounts, which I plan to use on another body using an adaptor. I am aware that this means I can't use autofocus. I am currently thinking on buying the Canon 60d, which I have found online for 450 brand new. I have been looking at lots of different reviews on its performance and it sounds pretty good, only negatives I have found are number of AF points and not being a full frame camera. I would like to know which other camera have roughly the same RRP and are of similar level. Thanks, Isla.

Images

hi and welcome. my first question is how old are the lenses. you maybe better off just starting out fresh. as to the number of AF points a lot of people will just use the centre and recompose, if you use the non standard lenses then you will have to manual focus. I would reconsider using the oly lenses

Images

Hi Welcome to the forum

Old lenses have their place in photography I have quite a few. What I would suggest is put your old lenses to the side, get your camera with a kit lens to get used to camera, then get your old lenses back out and take it from there