Hybrid View

Default Your top gear of 2009

We've just chosen all the winners and runners up for our 2009 Awards, to be featured in our January issue, just after Christmas.

To be eligible for our awards products must have been reviewed in one of our 2009 issues, so it also includes products released at the end of last year but reviewed this year, and exclude products released recently which we haven't got round to reviewing yet.

I can't reveal the winning cameras and accessories but I thought it would be fun to find out which new gear has inspired you whether you bought it or just put it on your wish list.

There have been some cracking cameras this year, both DSLRs and compacts, and some terrific accessories too. A quick rummage around the site will remind you of them if you need a memory jogger!

Well I'm having a hard choice choosing between the Olympus EP-1 and the Panasonic GF-1. I bought the GF-1 over the EP-1 for a number of reasons, but I think that Olympus deserve some credit for being first to market with this brilliant new concept.

Seeing as whether you go for the GF1 or the Ep-1 is down to personal preference of some features over others, I'd have to vote for the EP-1.

probably the canon 7d. I haven't been able to handle one yet but I think the reviews to date including a head to head comparison with the Nikon 300s in another well known amateur photographic rag made me think a lot about buying a 5dmk2 which I have lusted after for a while and maybe giving more consideration to the 7d. As the 5dmk2 is now so last year I'll vote for the 7d.

Pity you weren't able to review Lightroom 2.5 as I use it all the time with occasional forays to Paint shop Pro for layers etc. Lightroom just works great for me and I've used it since version 1.0

Images

i dont own one, but i'd love the d3s....ughhhh i'm getting sweaty, gives me goose pimps..enough...enough