Hybrid View

Default Self timer suitable for fishing photos.

Hi. My name is Derek and I want a camera that I can take pictures when I am fishing. I need to set it on a tripod, set the timer, try to pick up my fish and have a photo taken, sounds simple but I get photos of the top of my head and all sorts of bad photos. I believe there are some cameras with a delay on the timer where you can set it then grab the fish while the camera takes a few shots at about five second intervals. I also want a zoom of about 18x, can anyone please advise me as to which camera I need. Thanks i advance Derek.

Hi and welcome.

Because it's digital, it doesn't matter how many shots it takes to photograph you holding the fish (within reason). So. set the timer for 5 or 10 seconds. press the shutter. Pick up the fish. Turn and face camera and wait a while. Put down fish. Stop camera. Delete pics not wanted and repeat cycle with next fish

These cameras have at least 18x zoom plus timers. Use this site or Google to find reviews.

Nikon Coolpix P80
    Nikon Coolpix P90
    Nikon Coolpix P510
    Olympus SP-590 UZ

Cheers!

Thanks for that Chris, Will they take more than one photo when timer triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek H View Post
    Thanks for that Chris, Will they take more than one photo when timer triggers.
    You will be using the Time lapse function. When you set the intervals up and press the shutter button. The camera will start to record until you press the shutter again to stop it. At the end of one minute. If you have set the interval to 5 seconds. You will have 12 images. After one hour you will have 720 images. After one day you will have 17,280 images, assuming your memory card could hold that many
    Last edited by Chris Cool; 05-03-13 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks very much Chris. Let's hope I can get some good pictures.