Hi

I've just found the site this afternoon and have been reading really useful information...I wish I'd found it ages ago!

I'm going back to Iceland in summer. Last time I visited I was blown away by the amazing scenery and wished I had a camera up to capturing it so that the photos are as vivid as my memories. I would love to be able to take photos of the waterfalls so that the water is captured in time, sunrises and sunsets, and general landscapes.

I tried using a friend's Canon DSLR earlier this year and was happy with the size/weight etc but I'm having difficulty working through the differences between the 1100/550/600/60 etc that I find on amazon/ebay etc. I've previously been a point and shoot compact camera girl. I'm booked on to an intro to DSLR course in a couple of weeks time. I thought that would help me decide which camera to get, but apparently it is better if I get the camera first and take it with me to look at settings etc while they are talking.

My husband is starting a new career path in vehicle journalism and, whilst he normally goes out with a pro photographer, sometimes he will need to take his own pictures too. Mainly of off road vehicles at extreme angles! So it would be ideal if we bought a camera that suited us both. After the holiday my main photographic topic will be an enthusiastic terrier!!

As for budget - I think up to 750 .

Does anyone have opinions on where to buy? Online seems easiest and often cheapest but should I be looking to my local camera shop for the after sales support.
With thanks for any help you can give me.