Default Canon 50 1.4 second hand

Ok I have just picked up a second hand 50mm Canon 1.4 (a bargain!) What might I expect in terms of quality on a 600D? I intended to use it in low light and for street images but perhaps others might have alternative suggestions in order to 'test' it out.
    Regards Paul

Images

it should give very good results. go take some shots best way to test it

...first impressions were that the lens hunts quite a bit when focusing in low light. In better light it is far quicker.
    I appreciate that I am using it on a 600D and therefore not a full frame for which it was designed and therefore I may not benefit from the full capacity of a 1.4 at full opening. As a result there is a fair bit of noise at full stretch.

Images

hi IMHO this lens should give stunning results on any canon DSLR is that 2cv taken with that lens

...will post some shots for reference in due course...the 2CV was not shot with the same

..four varied shots uploaded to Still Life for reference, comments etc. I think that you can see the lense works very well in good light

Images

theres not a lot wrong with any of them that i can see

..now on my second lens....fine for low light...especially if you can push the iso and lower noise in PP...regards

Images

the Canon 50mm f1.4 is soft wide open so stopping it down a little will give you good results