Images

Default Canon EF-S 55-250 IS v Tamron AF 70-300

A few weeks ago I was directed (from this site) to the Canon EF-S 55-250 IS. My first telephoto (entry level) Happy with the reviews. Now I have just discovered the Tamron AF 70-300 BUT no Image Stabiliser. However a new Tamron is far cheaper then a second hand Canon EF-S??? Now confused!! I have the EOS 450D
    Any advice greatly appreciated.

The canon EF-S 55-250 is a cracking lense for the price, I have one and had some really good sharp images of it, Shop around I paid 130 for a brand new one.

Images

Hi Mark, yes I agree about the images. That was a good price for a new one, haven't found a second hand one for that! Perhaps you could tell me where?

Be aware of section 8 Customs in T&Cs
    http://www.digitalrev.com/help/terms...MTg2NzcwNg_A_A

Try here then This company carry a fair bit in stock in the UK so no chance of import duties ( although ive never had any charges) I bought my 60D from these and rang them on a tuesday afternoon and received it thursday am, Ask if its in stock first

http://www.hdewcameras.co.uk/index.asp

Images

Michael! Tamron do two 70-300 lenses a macro for about 170 and a tele stabalised for 300 which one caught your eye. The cannon for 330 is not much pricier than the tamron, but will retain its price better. You realy need to get in a shop with your camera and take some images, then you will know you have made the right choice....Mike.

Images

hi never used the tamron but i have used the canon 55-250is and it is a really good lens and scores high in the image quality stakes and it can be had at a good price

Images

Sorry wave my post was intended for the original poster.....Mike