Default Canon EOS or Pentax K30 to shoot wildlife/flowers

Need a good quality dSLR to shoot wildlife, mainly insects, lizards, butterflies, flowers. Looking at Canon EOS 60D or 5D or a Pentax K30. Really know little about dSLR cameras but done a lot of reading and think one of these could be ideal for an amateur wanting to get better. Inspired by the Amateur Photography Competition on WDC. I have good quality point and shoots but they are not fast enough.

Images

Hi and welcome to be really honest any of the cameras will do a good job for you all though the pentax uses battery power up quicker. To get really good shots you would have to invest in some good lenses and a tripod so thats where the cost comes in.
    I would go and try the cameras out see how they feel if it feels right then you are a long way down the road to it being right, dont settle for i will get used to it. when you buy a DSLR you buy into system so make sure that system suits your needs. Canon and Nikon have the largest lens collection plus the 3rd party lenses. good luck

Images

Hi Battybird, welcome to the forum

From what you are looking to photograph rather than looking at a camera body I would look at what lenses you will require. Canon ,Pentax ,Sony and Nikon all do great DSLR's

Quote Originally Posted by wave View Post
    Hi and welcome to be really honest any of the cameras will do a good job for you all though the pentax uses battery power up quicker. To get really good shots you would have to invest in some good lenses and a tripod so thats where the cost comes in.
    I would go and try the cameras out see how they feel if it feels right then you are a long way down the road to it being right, dont settle for i will get used to it. when you buy a DSLR you buy into system so make sure that system suits your needs. Canon and Nikon have the largest lens collection plus the 3rd party lenses. good luck
    Thanks so much, thats very helpful. I've more of less decided on the Canon EOS 60D and going to have a try out to see how it feels over the weekend. Luckily already have a great tripod but will look at lenses too.