Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by graham_c View Post
    Skye is always recommended, Glen Coe also very atmospheric and well worth a visit. The Trossachs is a place of outstanding beauty as is Rannoch moor. They say if you want to see the whole Scotland in one day then go to the Isle of Arran. No matter where you go you will have a great time and will get lots of photos... Graham

Thanks Graham,

We have 2 of the 4 mentioned on our list! I'm sure I'll think that 16 days isn't even enough. But I'm sure we'll have a great time and great photos. I'll be looking at the other places you mentioned.

Also think the Nikon P510 will be what I'm going to get.

Thanks again

Images

Glad you are getting sorted out with your holiday and camera

Skye is always recommended, Glen Coe also very atmospheric and well worth a visit. The Trossachs is a place of outstanding beauty as is Rannoch moor. They say if you want to see the whole Scotland in one day then go to the Isle of Arran. No matter where you go you will have a great time and will get lots of photos... Graham
    GRAHAM,

I was wondering if you could answer another question about Scotland for me. We are hoping to come over in May this year in to Edinburgh and renting a car. Do you think we'd have problems finding B & B's to stay at as we drive from area to area without booking them in advance? We kinda wanted to drive until we found somewhere we wanted to stay and not have to be in a certain location at a certain time.

Thanks in advance for any information you could give.

Terry

Images

Hi
    My only concern, if your going there would be Skye ,I think I would pre book a B&B . But on the main land, as your coming on May/ June, you should be able to find a B&B or a hotel...Graham

Hi
    My only concern, if your going there would be Skye ,I think I would pre book a B&B . But on the main land, as your coming on May/ June, you should be able to find a B&B or a hotel...Graham

Thanks to you Graham for answering my questions. I really appreciate your help.

Terry

I will suggested for Sony A290L SLR camera. It is cheap and best camera.This camera captures quality image. It's online price Rs.- 19,500/- on shopbychoice .
    features :-
    ISO 100 - ISO 3200 Sensitivity
    2.7 inch TFT Clear Photo LCD Screen
    CCD Image Sensor
    14.2 Megapixel Camera

Images

Quote Originally Posted by WANTVWBUG View Post
    I want to buy a new camera, my previous was just a Kodak Easy share point and shoot.
    I am looking for something with a view finder, better zoom and more mega pixels. I also like the battery packs as I think regular batteries don't last as long.

I looked at the Canon Powershot SX 50, but it doesn't have a view finder.

I want to take pictures of birds, scenery and people, places, etc. I am going to Scotland this year with my 2 sisters and would like to have some great pictures to bring home.

I have a budget of $200-400. But would like to stay as low as possible.

I'm just a beginner so nothing too complicated. Although I'm thinking of taking some photography classes soon.

Anyone have any advise for me!

Thanks
    I am just about to change my camera - for the same reason (although I'm not going to Scotland). I've been using a Nikon D3000, but got fed up changeing lenses so I'm going back to a bridge camera and have opted for the Fuji FinePix SL1000. It has a brilliant long zoom and is reasonably light. It may be worth looking at as people like Amazon, Argos and John Lewis have it on for about 270 with free postage.

Hope this helps.