Hybrid View

Default Relatively cheap camera with manual focus?

The title is pretty self explanatory, I'm looking for a relatively cheap camera which comes with a manual focus.

I know there's the obvious choice of DSLRs, but they usually come with a pretty hefty price tag. I'd be using it for a variety of things, everyday use, special events, and also for some portfolio work (not photography) if that helps.

Any suggestions welcome!

Images

hi can you give us an idea of your budget please

Also, how important is the mage quality? Lots of compacts come with manual focus though it isn;t usually very uer friendly, and the image quality usually won't be as good. If you could give a bit more info about what you'll be photographing and what you'll do with the pictures (eg making big prints?) That would help. From what you've said I can't help thinking you'd be better off with a secondhand DSLR than a new compact or bridge camera.

For example, for under 200 you could buy something like a Canon EOS 400D with kit lens, or a Nikon D40. Or for well under 150 you could get a Nikon D70 or Canon EOS 10D. Quite old now but easy to focus manually and still capable of results better that most current compacts. Check out this random web page for some examples, but do shop around.
    http://www.mpbphotographic.co.uk/use..._max_price=200