Default Considering buying new digital camera

Currently my husband and I have two digital cameras - a panasonic DMC TZ8 and a sony DSC H20 and I'm trying to work out if its time for an upgrade. I loved my sony until I realised it didn't pick up colours (especially grass) as well as other cameras, and have pretty much switched over to using the panasonic since we go it, but I can't help but be bugged by the difficulty of picking up real-life lighting, instead everything tends to get blended.
    I am looking at advanced compact cameras (will having manual options allow me to pick up lighting more accurately? I never ended up using the manual features on my sony though intended to) and want panoramic setting and a manual "macro on" setting would be nice. Price is not as important at this stage because I don't really know the "worth" of new cameras.

I take photos purely for fun, but almost entirely landscapes.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Images

Hi and welcome here are few I would look at canon g15,Fujifilm X10,Nikon Coolpix P7700, Olympus Stylus XZ-2,Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7. there are others but that should do for a start

One of the things that would help would be to use a camera with a larger sensor with more light gathering power, and a raw mode, so you'll capture a greater and more subtle range of colours and tones? Are you looking for the same type of camera - ie a compact - or are you open to other types, such as a compact system camera or DSLR?

Thanks for your responses so far! I've been looking at the suggested cameras all week, the next step is probably justifying owning three perfectly good cameras. Learning about raw mode has also been very helpful. To be honest, I don't know don't what a compact system is, and I'm not sure I'm ready for a DSLR (would probably want a higher end compact than a low end DSLR.)

Quote Originally Posted by puzzleumbrella View Post
    To be honest, I don't know don't what a compact system is, and I'm not sure I'm ready for a DSLR (would probably want a higher end compact than a low end DSLR.)
    Have a leisurely read through this which explains the Compact System Cameras

http://adam-jackson.net/blog/2011/02...camera-system/
    Last edited by Chris Cool; 24-01-13 at 08:12 PM.

Or watch these videos - they explain everything...
    http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/equ...st-camera.html

Hi folks, I am continuing to be encouraged in the interchangeable lens direction.
    What do you make of this combo?
    Panasonic DMC Gx1
    + Panasonic 14-45mm Lens as starter lens.

Thanks for all your help!