Default Lumix G1X or G3?

Right im in the game for a new camera, having just sold my Lumix TZ10.

Looking to start taking a few more fancy shots now, love taking pictures of my cars etc and will also be traveling with the camera and want to get some great shots with nice effect..

Love taking pictures with depth of field etc, and making them look all fancy!

Like I say mainly will be for pics of cars, car shows, and holidays!

I have been doing research all day, and comparing the 2 cameras on sites etc, and they both seem pretty much the same except for size, no viewfinder on the GX1, but a few more little features on the GX1.

I can get the GX1 for 319.99 on Currys which is the cheapest I can find it online, and quite a bargain, or the G3 for 316.99 delivered, which means there is only a couple of pounds difference!

What would you do? Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

Images

hi welcome to the forum, have you considered the G5

Sounds obvious but it all comes down to whether or not you want a viewfinder, and like a dSLR style of design, or prefer the smaller, more compact style of camera that you can put in your pocket. The metal bodied GX1 is the nicer camera in my view, especially if you like manual controls, but there's no viewfinder. You can get a clip on EVF but it costs about 200 extra. I like a viewfinder because my eyeslight isn't great (leaving aside the issue of viewing in bright sun) and if you're the same then the G3 would be the better bet.
    Last edited by Nigel Atherton; 20-01-13 at 09:35 PM.