Well it looks like I'm on my own here (but I bet I'm not) but my experience of Jessops has been nothing but dire...

Rude, incompetent, unknowledgeable staff. Shocking customer service... I could go on.... No wonder they've gone bust. I'll give you two first hand examples:

Walked into Jessops, cash in hand. I wanted a Nikon D90, two lenses, two memory cards, a tripod (expensive one), camera bag, etc... Total cost around 2000. I asked if there would be any discount... and got a big fat no! I said "Can you knock a pound off?" and the answer was a flat no. I left the store and walked round the corner to LCE who sold me everything I wanted and discounted the price by a whopping 300!!!

Next, when the Fuji X100 was released, I walked into Jessops, cash in hand, and said I'd like to buy that camera. They said they'd only just got it in and I wasn't allowed to touch it. I said I'd like to hold it before I buy it as I wanted to get a feel for it to see if suits my hand... "absolutely not" was the reply. They wouldn't even allow me to touch it even though I showed him the cold hard cash... Needless to say, I left the store...

Goodbye Jessops and good riddance.!