Question mindboggling what camara

Hi I`m new to all this but fed up searching and scanning for the right camara for me.
    My old Powershot A70 is exhausted and I am looking for a camara. I can operate. NOT a good Amatuer but like to fiddle around with the Dials and M odes. so want a camara with a good Zoom Macro, and viewfinder. not a touch control. not interested in GLS or GLP whateverer. Need to be able to see controls easily as my age finds small gadets difficult. Was looking for possibly a Bridge camara or a good point and shoot, but all the info is too technical.

I want clear pictures and like to crop sections of zoomed landscapes. or take shots of flowers and small objects. So the small Compacts are too small in size for me. But I like the Auto features i.e. Night shots. Panorama Modes. and Video. So was thinking of Bridge Camara with Automatic focusing and Point and Shoot Modes. bujt would like Manual control as well..... My price range is about 150 to 250 range. Dont need a lot of tech data I wont use. B ut want a high ISO without noise. and like Night time exposure with camara shake help.

Anyone with any experiece can you advise. I have been looking a Lumin ex Cannon and Nikon but SO MANY MODELS. Than ks

Images

hi and welcome i would look at a canon sx40 or a g12 over budget but well worth it

Hi Wave, and than ks for your suggestions on the SX40 and G12, The G12 looks low on Zoom. and the SX40 looks very complicated to me, and you are right they are both over my budget, Have you any suggestions on the Panasonic range i.e. the
    FZ 150 and 200. they are also over the budget, but there are some offers at the moment online and could possibly extend to 280 if the camara is a good buy...

Images

Hi the fz150 does have some good right ups as does the coolpix p510 and sony hx200v I would put these on a short list and go and try them see how they feel and operate, if it comfortable for you that will go a long way to being right

Quote Originally Posted by wave View Post
    Hi the fz150 does have some good right ups as does the coolpix p510 and sony hx200v I would put these on a short list and go and try them see how they feel and operate, if it comfortable for you that will go a long way to being right

Yes I have looked at quite a lot online , and need to see the equipment in person. I had intended to go to Jessops Tommorrow after talking to them today. However it appears that all shops are now in administrators hands and closed. But a few stores around have the models . Thanks for your help.