Thread: New DSLR

Default New DSLR

Hi there I am new to the forum and new to the world of DSLR. I have a budget of 500 and I am looking for a "do it all" camera to learn with. I will be using it for the usual landscape sport and wildlife.
    I have looked at whats available and the choice is bewildering to a novice. I have read up about the Nikon D3200 but some of the reviews I have read suggest the D5200 is a better choice but has less magapixels!!!!!!!
    Can someone please offer some simple helpful advice

Thank you

Images

Hi Welcome to the forum
    Both the D3200 and D5200 are 24 million mega pixels camera (not the same sensor though), The 3200 is a basic entry level and the D5200 is more advanced. Both are great cameras and both will take great photos. Best thing to do is to go and try them out and see which you prefer. Hope this helps ... Graham
    There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept.. Ansel Adams

Images

get a short list of cameras and go and try these cameras out make sure which feel right, if it feels right then thats a long way to being right, dont settle for i will get used to it. also look at cameras that are a level up like canon 650d nikon 3200/ 5200 sometimes it better to spend a bit more now rather than grow out of an entry level quickly