Default It's driving me mad...help!

Dear elders,
    I am in a 3 way split over what to do. I basically want a DLSR that will give me good portrait shots(with blurred background) , a camera that takes clear shots in low light/ indoors with uplight lampshades situations and take photos of my kids playing with photos as blur free as possible.

The 3 cameras I have whittled it down to are : CANON 1100D , NIKON D3100 and PENTAX K30.

I like the idea of remaining with a compact and this keeps bringing up the SONY RX100, but I am hesitant about Sony as the others are three of the biggest names and they always have been. This coupled with my limited knowledge of sensors and finding out that the DLSR's have bigger sensors, so they will/should produce much better lowlight photos.

The issue I have with the Canon is the lack of stabilisation , I seriously don't want to spend 350 to find a camera that blurs photos with minimal handshake.

The issue with the Nikon again the IS and long lag, the bonus is the self cleaning sensor.

The Pentax, well that ticks boxes, but this time it's the weight. I have only ever used a P&S.

Obviously the Pentax poses less issues, but i don't want to buy it, love it but leave it in the cupboard because its weighing me down

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Well, heres how it all works:
    Bigger sensor = better low light, thats a given.
    Bigger sensor = Ability to blur backgrounds better, BUT, you need a lens with a large aperture.
    A lens with a large aperture also lets more light in, therefore in low light you wont get blurry photos, this is the same with photographing kids, youll get a faster shutter speed, so no motion blur.

Any DSLR + 50mm f/1.8 lens is good.
    Nikon D3200/D3100
    Sony a37/a57
    Canon 1100d/650d

Any of those with a 50mm lens should more than suffice!

Quote Originally Posted by R0B View Post
    Well, heres how it all works:
    Bigger sensor = better low light, thats a given.
    Bigger sensor = Ability to blur backgrounds better, BUT, you need a lens with a large aperture.
    A lens with a large aperture also lets more light in, therefore in low light you wont get blurry photos, this is the same with photographing kids, youll get a faster shutter speed, so no motion blur.

Any DSLR + 50mm f/1.8 lens is good.
    Nikon D3200/D3100
    Sony a37/a57
    Canon 1100d/650d

Any of those with a 50mm lens should more than suffice!
    Thank you for your advice. You mentioned the Canon ,Sony and Nikon but what about the Pentax K30 ? I saw that you said any DLSR, but you specified three of the four I mentioned....is the Pentax not recommend ? I only ask as I have read that a few places sell an inferior lens as a bundle deal, but the Pentax although 50 dearer as a whole comes with a Pentax 50mm lens. Btw.....is a 50mm lens one of the 18-55mm or does it need to be at least 50mm ? Thanks again for replying.

Stevn

Images

i would go and try these cameras out make sure which feel right, if it feels right then thats a long way to being right, dont settle for i will get used to it. also look at cameras that are a level up like canon 650d nikon 3200/ 5200 sometimes it better to spend a bit more now rather than grow out of an entry level quickly