Question Polarising filter to fit Cokin Z-Pro Holder

Hi all,

I am looking for the ideal solution for a polarising filter for my Cokin Z-Pro filter holder set. Has anyone used the slip-in one made bu Cokin for the Z-Pro holder? It is expensive and the only other one I know of is the new Singh-Ray slip in and this is also very pricey at around 250.

Would the Lee 105mm one work and if so how does it fit to the holder. I am not trying to go cheap, but I don't want to re-mortgage either.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Images

Hi Welcome to the forum

I have the P series Cokin polariser, I bought it from my local photography shop in a closing down sale for a few pounds, and used it twice the best thing i can say about it is, it's better than nothing but not by very much... Graham

If only the cokin z pro filter was only a few pounds. The z pro one is around 200!

Images

It might be better quality than the P series. Can't remember how much I paid but it was no where near 200

..Hi all, excuse my ignorance but why would you use a polarising filter in a frame rather than fitted to the lense? What are the advantages? All the best Paul

Images

Hi
    In my case I bought it to save me lugging around step up rings. I never liked the quality of it and am back lugging around step up rings... Graham