Thread: Lumix G5

Hybrid View

Images

Default Lumix G5

Hi Everyone, I am looking at the Lumix G5 and would be interested to hear if anyone knows anything about the camera, I see it has been given a lot of awards but it would be great to hear from any Member or WDC Staff about the camera, any comments would be greatly appreciated, many thanks Caroline

Hi Caroline
    I just read three or four reviews on the G5, and they all say the same thing, this is a great upgrade from the G3. Never knew this but the number 4 is considered unlucky in Japan hence the G5 name.

From what I read i was impressed with the 16 mega pixel sensor , it's improved ISO and it's 6 frame per second rate, all of these things will give you better macro shots . If the reviews are correct and I don't doubt they are, this will be a fine addition for your set up

Images

Quote Originally Posted by graham_c View Post
    Hi Caroline
    I just read three or four reviews on the G5, and they all say the same thing, this is a great upgrade from the G3. Never knew this but the number 4 is considered unlucky in Japan hence the G5 name.

From what I read i was impressed with the 16 mega pixel sensor , it's improved ISO and it's 6 frame per second rate, all of these things will give you better macro shots . If the reviews are correct and I don't doubt they are, this will be a fine addition for your set up
    Hi Graham, many thanks for your comments, will pop into our local Jessops to take a look at the G5, hope they have one in store!..Caroline