Hi,

New post from a photography novice.

Iím looking to upgrade my Panasonic Lumix TZ18 for my next holiday and would also like to explore macro photography a little. I would like to buy a good all round camera for day to day and holiday use so am thinking about buying this http://www.jessops.com/online.store/...SC-g5-_-241212. The cashback offer ends today so Iíll have to make up my mind pretty quickly. Itís at the top end of my budget so I would then have 6-8 months to get to know the camera before purchasing a macro lens. The more I read about Micro System Cameras, the more confused I get. Should I go micro 4/3 or APS-C? Will it make a difference for macro photography or is it more the lens that I should worry about?

I keep comparing the Lumix G5 to the Sony Nex5 as some photographs I have seen taken with the Nex5 are amazing but the G5 has an EVF which appeals too. All these things to consider but maybe Iím worrying about things I donít yet fully understand. Would the Lumix G5 be a good choice or would it be too much for a novice like me?

Any advice/suggestions would be most helpful

Thanks!